Skip to the main content

Welcome to our JobShop, providing you with employment opportunities to support you in your studies and future careers.

We’re here to help you with any queries you may have. 

Find a job today; flex it around your studies, big up your employability and earn money.

Application Advice

Please be advised that a vacancy may close earlier than stated if we receive a higher number of applications than expected. You are therefore advised to submit your application as early as possible.

Advice for International Students

Tier 4 (General) students who are sponsored by a Higher Education Institution (HEI) to study a full-time course can work during their studies (between 10 and 20 hours per week). Always follow the instructions on your visa or biometrics card. It is important to check your visa to confirm if you can work during your studies. Your work condition includes any paid work, unpaid work, voluntary work and internships. If your course of study is at degree level or above you are allowed to work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week during term time, and full-time during vacations. You can have multiple jobs but you must not work over your weekly hourly limit. You must add all your work hours together and ensure that the total is below the limit.

If you want to find out more, UCL has a website with useful information for international students.

Student visas and advice

The UK Council for International Student Affairs supports international students and can give direct advice if needed. Their website gives information on lots of topics including visas and immigration, work during and after studies, home or overseas fee status regulations and sources of funding. 

The government website gives you all the information you need to find out whether you need to obtain a Visa and how to apply.


Student visa – replaces the Tier 4 (General) student visa

From 1 January 2021, the UK will have a new immigration system and any EU/EEA/Swiss citizen not eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme will require a visa to enter after 1 January 2021. As a student, this means that to enter the UK on or after 1 January 2021, you must apply for a Student visa. To apply for a  student visa, you must meet specific requirements, complete an application form, pay an application fee and pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge. You will also need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) which you can request from UCL.  

To note: if you have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, you do not need to apply for a visa.

More information can be found here.

Contact us

Phone: 0207 679 2500


Sign up to our alerts and newsletter


All jobs displayed by the JobShop are displayed in good faith. Whilst we do our best to vet jobs before they are displayed, it is the responsibility of the job seeker to check the validity of the vacancy and the employer before taking up work. Students are encouraged to familiarise themselves with guidelines surrounding National Minimum Wage and volunteering - especially when gaining work experience.

UCL Careers

Whatever you want to do in the future – whether your career path is clear or not – UCL Careers can assist you. Their team of experienced career professionals is dedicated to supporting all current UCL students, researchers (staff and students), and recent graduates to help you find the right path to ensure success in your future career. 

The UCL Careers website is full of information and resources on exploring your options, finding opportunities and applying for roles. Their online resources can help you apply for roles – see, the online Careers Essentials course and recorded talks.

You can also go to myUCLCareers to book one to one application advice and guidance appointments, register for events, and find 1000s of graduate level internships and jobs